Artisan 8-inch Chef's Knife
With a length of 20 cm, the Gyutoh knife from MIYABI is suitable for cutting and slicing meat and fish. Its tapered and sturdy blade allows for a clean cut. The smooth finish on the handle ensures safety when cutting, preventing the handle from slipping towards the blade. The knife has a Japanese blade profile. This makes the Gyutoh a combination of high-quality cutting properties and comfort.
The blade core is made of MicroCarbide powder steel, with two additional layers of steel around the core. The so-called hammer-finish process is used to forge the blade, which later has a soft tsuchime look. In addition, each blade in the MIYABI 600MCT series must undergo various hardening processes, with ice hardening at -196°C. This achieves a final hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell.
The blade has a double-sided bevel and a sharp Honbazuke finish, which is sharpened by hand. The handle, in turn, is made of pakka wood. This material has a gentle pattern and impresses with its stable and flexible properties. The optimal balance enables a high level of comfort and fatigue-free work.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process for a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- SG2 core is protected by two layers and finished with a katana edge
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan