Birchwood SG2 8-inch Chef's Knife
This 8-inch chef’s knife is an indispensable tool in the kitchen, for cutting vegetables, meat, and fish. Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art handcrafted in Seki, Japan. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.
More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI’s innovative, CRYODUR ice-hardening process locks in the blade’s long-lasting sharpness. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides exceptional durability.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking and comfortable Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Fabergé egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel blade for scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile with a 9.5° to 12° edge
- Hand-honed using the traditional Japanese three-step Honbazuke process
- Blade is CRYODUR ice-hardened to Rockwell 63 for long-lasting sharpness
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge is both beautiful and durable
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle with a rounded spine and heel
- Handwash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan