Evolution 2-Piece Knife Set
Handcrafted in Seki, Japan, MIYABI Evolution merges German engineering expertise with Japanese craftsmanship for the utmost control and accuracy in every cut. This set is designed for both fine detailed tasks as well as larger chopping and slicing jobs. The 8-inch chef’s knife is ideal for all-around tasks like slicing chicken and chopping herbs, and the 3.5-inch paring knife is handy for peeling vegetables and segmenting fruit.
Crafted from superior quality fine carbide steel that is often used in razor blades, the knives offer the signature sharpness for which Japanese knives are known. A sophisticated six-step ice hardening technique unlocks the steel’s full potential guaranteeing these FRIODURx2® blades boast remarkable initial sharpness, cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance, and chip-resistant toughness.
Beautifully polished to a mirror finish, the blades have a katana edge reminiscent of the samurai swords forged in the same town centuries ago. Curved for comfort and thicker at the end to prevent slipping, the triple-rivet handles encourage fatigue-free cutting. A rounded spine, heel, and bolster, plus nine hand-finishing steps ensure these handles have unsurpassed ergonomics.
Set includes: 8-inch chef’s knife, 3.5-inch paring knife
- FC61 fine carbide steel for razor-like sharpness
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using three-step Honbazuke process
- FRIODUR® blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 61
- Mirror-finish blade with sandblasted katana edge
- Triple-riveted glass-fiber enhanced POM handle with striking red spacers
- Rounded spine and heel for a comfortable, ergonomic grip